One of the first gay-friendly night clubs off the Church St. strip in Toronto Andy Poolhall, has closed and the retro contents, even a French Sputnik Chandelier, are up for online auction on MaxSold.com. Bidding closes Wednesday, March 25th.
Interesting items up on the Andy Poolhall Online Auction
- Stefano Giovannoni Bombo Chairs
- Tom Dixon Jacks Style Lamps
- Retro Acorn Style Fireplace
- Beer tap Handles
- Jorge Pensi Bistro Sets
- John Taylor, Duran Duran Poster
- Marc Sorozan Oils on Canvas Paintings
- even all the pool tables and bar stools!
Some facts about Andy Poolhall
- The name Andy Poolhall is a play on Andy Warhol’s name
- Cherry Bomb (for queer women and friends) had line ups almost all the way down the block with people pouring in
- Here Kitty Kitty party for queer women ran for over 10 years!
- Toronto dance-party veterans and Little Italy locals broke down and cried when the venue closed after a decade